Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana is an Indian Government maternity benefit scheme that provides a monetary incentive of Rs. 5000 to pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers, for meeting the specific maternal and child health conditions for the family’s first living child.
WHAT IS PRADHAN MANTRI MATRU VANDANA YOJANA?
Accessing and affording good nutrition was never meant to be for those who are impoverished and especially women who are left out of the mainstream, however, no more, PMMVY is a maternity welfare program for pregnant women and lactating mothers under the National food security Act 2013.
The government offers Rs. 5000 to these women for their fetus or newborn for an aggregate amount of nutrition.
Every state and Union territory shall establish a PMMVY cell within the department of women and child development of social welfare of health and family welfare which shall be under the supervision of the concerned state/UT secretary.
OBJECTIVE of PM Matru Vandana Scheme
- Beneficiaries receive direct benefit disbursements.
- Maintaining nutritional balance and compensating women’s pay loss, during and after gestation period.
- To meet the medical health of the mother as well as of the child. Compensating for the wage loss during the time they are not working in order for them to get adequate rest.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Scheme
Some of the benefits that women can get from this scheme are:
- A cash incentive of Rs. 5000 is to be granted to all the eligible women of and above nineteen years of age, in three installments of RS.1000 (on early registration of pregnancy at an Anganwadi center (AWC), 2000 (after six months of pregnancy), 2000 (after registration of childbirth and immunization of child for BCG, OPV, DPT, and Hepatitis-B) and a remaining cash incentive (of Rs. 1000) is provided under Janani Suraksha Yojana.
- All the beneficiareis of this scheme will also recieve Rs. 6000 incentive under the Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY).
Note: Transfer of the incentive would be through DBT in bank/post office accounts.
- Pregnant women and lactating mothers excluding those who are in employment with central and state government or in receipt of any similar kind of benefits.
- Women who have their pregnancy on or after 01.01.2017 for the first child in the family.
How to Apply for PM Matru Vandana Scheme?
There are two ways for applying Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Scheme, i.e; You can either apply online or use the Offline process to register.
Offline Process to avail Pradhan Mantri Matritv Vandana Yojana
Step 1: Women willing to register and receive the benefits under this scheme are required to visit the nearest Anganwadi center within 150 days of submitting their applications.
Step 2: Ask for a 1-A application form approved by the Health facility.
Note: You can get the application form for free or you can also download and print it from the official website of the Ministry of Women and child development.
Step 3: You can only claim the second installment payment only after 180 days of pregnancy and submitting Form 1-B with a copy of the Mother and child protection card.
Step 4: Finally, submit Form 1-C with a copy of the childbirth registration report as well as an MCP card to claim the third installment.
Online Process to claim Pradhana Mantri Matru Vandana Scheme
There are a few steps to register for the PMMVY, same are listed below:
Step 1: Go to the official Website of PMMVY.
Step 2: Use your login credentials to log in to your account.
Step 3: Now, click on New Beneficiary Tab and you’ll be asked to fill in the Application Form 1-A.
Step 4: In order to claim the second installment, login to the PMMVY CAS website and select the “Second Installment” tab, and fill Form 1-B.
Step 5: Finally, to claim the third installment from PM Mantri Matru Vandana Scheme, fill in Form 1-C by clicking the “Third Installment” tab.
Note: For further information on Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojna contact PMMVY helpline number 011-23382393.
Also, check our guides on Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana here and clear all your doubts.