The Central Registrar of Cooperative Societies (CRCS), Ministry of Cooperatives, Government of India, has taken a significant step towards returning nearly Rs. 5,000 crore to the investors of Sahara Group. This comes as a relief to the approximately 10 crore individuals who had entrusted their hard-earned money with Sahara but faced delays in receiving refunds. The launch of the Sahara Refund Portal on July 18, 2023, by Hon’ble Union Minister for Home & Cooperation, Shri Amit Shah, has brought renewed hope for investors seeking a return on their investments. This article outlines the details of the Sahara Refund Portal, including the registration process, application steps, and required documents for a smooth refund process.
How to Get Your Sahara India Refund: Step-by-Step Guide
Step 1: Visit the Sahara Refund Portal
- Go to the official Sahara Refund Portal by visiting the website: https://mocrefund.crcs.gov.in/Depositor/Login.
Step 2: Register with Required Details
- On the portal’s homepage, you will find a registration section.
- Provide your mobile number, Aadhaar number, and other necessary information as prompted by the portal.
- This step ensures that you are a legitimate investor seeking a refund.
Step 3: Email Verification
- After registering, you will receive an email verification link in your registered email address.
- Click on the verification link to validate your email address.
- This step confirms your contact information and enables future communication regarding your refund request.
Step 4: Review Portal Features and Instructions
- Go through the instructions and guidelines provided on the Sahara Refund Portal.
Step 5: Complete the Online Refund Request Form
- Access the refund request form provided on the portal.
- Fill out the form with accurate details as required.
- Provide essential information such as your name, contact details, and investment-related details.
Step 6: Upload Required Documents
- Prepare and upload the necessary documents to support your refund claim.
- These documents may include proof of investment, identity documents (such as an Aadhaar card), and any other documents as specified on the portal.
- Ensure that the file sizes of the uploaded documents are within the permissible limits.
Step 7: Double-Check Details and Documentation
- Before proceeding to submit your refund request, carefully review all the details and documents you have provided.
- Make sure that all the information is accurate and complete.
Step 8: Submit Your Refund Request
- Once you are satisfied with the details and documents, click on the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your refund request will be officially submitted through the Sahara Refund Portal.
Yes, Sahara is returning money in 2023 through the Sahara Refund Portal. The portal facilitates the refund process to return nearly Rs. 5,000 crore to Sahara investors.
To get your money back from a Sahara Fixed Deposit (FD), apply through the Sahara Refund Portal. Visit the official website at https://mocrefund.crcs.gov.in/Depositor/Login and follow the step-by-step guide to submit your refund request.
SEBI asked Sahara to refund the money as it found Sahara Group had violated regulations by raising funds through Optionally Fully Convertible Debentures (OFCDs). The refund process is carried out through the Sahara Refund Portal under the supervision of the Central Registrar of Cooperative Societies (CRCS) and the Ministry of Cooperatives, Government of India.
Yes, eligible investors with money stuck in Sahara can get their money back through the Sahara Refund Portal.